Benefits of Manufacturing Membership
What is a Manufacturing Member?
Manufacturing Members of the BTMA are companies whose core activity is the production of precision turned parts and machined components. To qualify, these companies are UK manufacturers, with at least 50% of their turnover being supplied on a sub contract basis. All members have been vetted and considered to be of the level required, a sign of quality and credibility.
Precision turned parts and machined components in a variety of standard, special and exotic materials, on a sub contract basis, in accordance to customer drawings and material specifications, to prescribed quality assurance and to your bespoke requirements.
Manufacturing Member Benefits
- All BTMA Members have open and unlimited access to a broad range of relevant information. This includes the latest technologies and comprehensive guidance on legislative and regulatory issues (Ticks clause 7.1.6 of 9001:2015).
- Entry into The Buyers Guide [produced annually], this includes an A4 advertisement of your company. This high quality publication is distributed to more than 16,000 buyers and purchasing decision makers. It is also distributed by the BTMA at Exhibitions and Open House events throughout the year.
- Inclusion of your company details and logo within regular marketing and advertising for BTMA in engineering publications
- Inclusion on the BTMA Website www.btma.org that is based on the Buyers Guide. Your customisable company page with links to Members own websites. The site is frequently accessed each day by purchasers looking for manufacturing partners.
- The BTMA website has a Member’s only area which gives Members the latest information from the British Banking Association, BSI, Government bodies, requests for quotations from prospective customers and general BTMA news and activity.
- Regular meetings, giving member companies a fairly unique access to real state of trade information from our industry sector. Getting the inside track on new technologies and guidance for regulatory issues and red tape affecting the industry and the access to exchange valuable information from fellow members and leading industry suppliers.
- Low cost BTMA training schemes are available to Members. These are tailored to suit the Member’s needs and can be tailored to a specific machine.
- Visits organised to companies at home and abroad, chances to see the latest technologies in action. See potential customers operations and meet their buyers.
- The BTMA attended Subcon, Advanced Engineering and MACH with a major presence. We intend to attend MACH 2021 and Subcon 2021 to signpost and showcase the profiles of our Members.
- BTMA members receive special discounted exhibition rates. Yet another way companies are able to gain tangible benefit from membership.
- Access to Technical Reports, produced by our Technical Members, on the following topics;
- Machine Tools,
- Cutting Tools,
- Cutting Fluids,
- Cleaning Equipment,
- Manufacturing and Process Control Software
- Raw Materials,
- Ancillary Equipment
- Heat Treatment and Plating,
- Get to know on a face to face basis other BTMA Members that could potentially help you. Impart or gain information on problems we all encounter in our specific business during open discussions or within the networking environment. Find trusted partners who may even produce product for you in the event of major breakdowns (disaster recovery plan partial addressed).
- The BTMA has a social side that encourages you to make and build long term friendships with fellow Members.